This 20-Minute homemade spaghetti is what you need
Today's recipe is going to be a lifesaver the next time you're rushed on a weekday to cook dinner, get the kids bathed, and have everyone in bed by bedtime.
It's a quick twist on a family-favorite...spaghetti and meatballs.
Trade out meatballs for ground round and save yourself an hour of making meatballs with all the flavor intact.
Give it a try today and your family will thank you.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 24 oz can crushed tomatoes (not drained)
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 16 oz package Spaghetti noodles
- Fresh mozzerella cheese, sliced (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the ground round, onion and garlic and cook until done.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the water and spaghetti noodles.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes on medium to low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add slices of fresh mozzerella cheese on the top (optional).