This 20-minute Cashew Chicken is the cure to your Chinese food craving
The next time you're craving some really good Chinese food, instead of spending your entire week's food budget on mediocre Sweet & Sour Chicken and a reheated egg roll, try this delicious Cashew Chicken recipe.
It only takes 20 minutes to cook up plus it's healthier and cheaper than the alternative.
1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite sized cubes
¼ cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon oil
4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
½ tablespoon light brown sugar
½ teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 cup unsalted raw cashews
green onions for garnish, if desired
sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Add chicken and cornstarch to a large ziplock bag and toss to coat the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet or wok.
- Add in cashews and saute until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to the same pan.
- Add in chicken and sauté for 3-4 minutes
- ..... read the rest of the instructions at http://chefsavvy.com/